Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Best Show You Aren't Watching Is...

Canadian! That's right, our brethren to the North have been producing one of the more entertaining sit-coms lately. It's CORNER GAS and it's basically about life in a small town in Saskatchewan. The humor is dry, quirky, and a little goofy - so it's right up my alley. :)

Sure, some of the jokes and cameos might be funnier if you're more familiar with things Canadian, but it's still good stuff. It airs in the US on Superstation WGN and you should check it out.


5 comments:

John Warren said...

Wait... let me get this right...

You're saying they make original TV shows in Canada?

And they're good?

Interesting.

John Q said...

It's true!

Another bonus to the show is that the main character reads comics. :)

Brett Brooks said...

You are dead on right about this one, man. I watch Corner Gas every day. It's quickly shot up into one of my ten favorite shows on television. Shame that it's not on at a better time or getting more pub--it's a treat!

KentyMac said...

We don't get WGN where I live, but I did download a bunch of episodes after your earlier recommendation. I've yet to watch any of them yet, however.

John Q said...

Lemme know what you think!